Real Estate For Sale
- Property Location: 671 Castine Point Drive, Mandeville, LA 70448
- see map below
- Real Estate Type: Single Family Residential
Sold in 37 Days for 99% of the Asking Price!
This is an exquisite, one-of-a-kind four bedroom, two and a half bath French Country home that sits eloquently on 1.94 acres. It is located at 671 Castine Point Drive, Mandeville, LA in a small subdivision on a cul-de-sac just minutes away from the Causeway Bridge. Its stunning curb appeal is enhanced by the stucco columns, a glass front door, iron handrails and a chandelier in the entryway. There is a gracious dining room that will easily accommodate seating for ten and is adorned with silk draperies, a vintage chandelier and has a floor-to-ceiling window that views the front yard. This luxurious home offers soaring eleven foot ceilings, many double pane windows throughout, a whole house generator and a security system. There is surround sound that includes wall and ceiling speakers in the living area, master bedroom and bath, as well as exterior mounted speakers on the rear porch.
The inviting, open and airy den features a gas fireplace that is complimented by a custom stucco mantle with columns, recessed lighting and multiple ceiling fans. There is a handsome entertainment center that was built by the builder specifically for this room that matches the cabinetry in the kitchen. This lovely space has a wall of windows that offers wonderful light and overlooks the covered rear porch and huge gated backyard. The bright breakfast room is perfect for informal gatherings and shares the same view.
The gorgeous gourmet kitchen is a chef’s delight! It is open to the living area and features custom wood, fine cabinetry that has a unique stucco ventilation hood with an elaborate backsplash. There are granite countertops, recessed lighting, a walk-in pantry and colorful pendants. The GE Profile stainless steel appliances include: a built-in microwave, a five burner gas cooktop, a side-by-side Artica refrigerator and a convection oven.
The guest powder room is enhanced by an attractive mirror and vanity cabinet with a marble countertop and an antique beaded chandelier. Adjacent, there is a spacious indoor laundry room that has a decorative glass window and two full size cabinets for storage. There is attic access from the hallway and garage.
Three bedrooms and one bath are located on one wing of the home. All bedrooms have ceiling fans and crown molding. Two of the bedrooms include floor-to-ceiling windows and are carpeted, while the other offers travertine flooring. The full bath that these bedrooms share has travertine flooring, granite countertops and a tub with travertine and granite backsplash.
The master suite is located in a separate wing and offers engineered wood flooring, a tray ceiling, recessed lighting, ceiling fan and easily accommodates king size furniture. The floor-to-ceiling windows view the rear porch and backyard and there is a custom walk-in closet that includes built-in shelving. Enjoy pampering yourself in the luxurious hedonistic bath that offers triple crown molding, travertine flooring, an all glass shower and a Jacuzzi whirlpool tub for two with granite surround. There is a large picture window that brings the outdoors in, same style kitchen cabinetry with two basins, exceptional pretty mirrors and granite countertops.
The charming porch has a built-in iron railing that extends across its full width. The porch boasts brick veneer columns, includes recessed lighting and ceiling fans. It is ideal for outdoor entertaining and there is a convenient hookup for your gas grill. Unwind with the sounds of nature, as there is a dedicated green space beyond the backyard with a wonderful, tranquil view of the beautiful wooded trees. A peaceful way to end the day!
One of the rare features of this home is the 770 square foot attached oversized two car garage. It was built to accommodate an RV/boat and has an enlarged concrete pad at its entrance! There are plantation shutters, a full wall of built-in drawers and cabinets for storage with electrical power outlets plus an oversized workbench with power. The driveway that runs the entire length of the home offers an abundance of off street parking for your guests. There is also a large custom built storage building in the rear yard that offers electricity, a window and an enlarged easy access side door for storing a four wheeler, kayaks, bicycles and tools. Additionally, it could be converted into an office/studio.
This property is lushly landscaped and includes a controllable Rainbird sprinkler system for 6 zones which covers the entire front, side, rear yards and gardens.
In its private and serene setting, this custom beauty welcomes you home!
- 2,537 Approx. Living S.F.3,518 Approx. Total S.F.
- Lot Size: 114 x 460
- Age of Home: 11 Years New
- Has Original 30 Year Architectural Asphalt Shingle Roof
- Homeowner Dues are $200 Yearly and is Paid Quarterly
- Two 50 Gallon Rheem EverKleen Gas Water Heaters (Manufactured in 2004-Installed in Left Side of Attic, One of Which is Dedicated to the Master Bedroom)
- Two Central AC/Heating Systems by Lennox (Gas Heating Furnace and Evaporator Coil are Mounted in the Attic and were Manufactured in 2004. Condenser has a Cooling Capacity of 5 Tons and was Manufactured in 2004. Two Stage 16 Seer AC Compressor Humidifies and De-Humidifies Air)
- Lennox Fully Programmable Signature Stat Thermostat
- Home was Constructed of Brick Veneer and Stucco Only at Entry
- Metal Fireplace and Chimney
- 120/240 Volt, Single-Phase Electrical System has a Capacity of 200 Amps. Non-Metallic Vinyl Sheathed Copper Wiring is Used for the 120 Volt Circuits.
- Both Gas and 240 Volt Electric Service is Available for Clothes Drying
- Visible Water Pressure Piping is Cooper
- Visible Drain and Vent Piping is PVC Plastic (Shut Off Valve for the Main Water Line is Located Outside of the House at the Front of the Left Wall)
- Whole House Guardian Plus Air-Cooled Automatic Standby Generator by Generac (15KW 120/240V AC Model 0043903 (www.generac.com)
- Termite Contract with JA-Roy Pest Control (Expires March 31, 2016 – $795 to Retreat, $130 Yearly Maintenance)
- Hurricane Protection Pre-Cut Boards for Each Window (Stored in Rear Separate Building)
- Stainless Steel Refrigerator
- All Window Coverings (Except those in Front Guest Bedroom and Den) Note: All Rods and Finials Remain
- Entertainment Center
- Wine Rack in Dining Room
- Proficient Audio Systems Indoor (Ceiling and Wall) Speakers
- Proficient Audio Systems Outdoor Speakers (Mounted on the Porch)
- Washer and Dryer
- Front Guest Bedroom Window Coverings (Green Silk Draperies)
- Mirror Above Fireplace
- Mirror in Master Closet
- Klipsch Tall Speakers in Den
- Xantech Control System for Audio System in Entertainment Center
Schedule an Appointment
Contact Christie today to schedule an appointment or to discuss your other real estate needs.